Visit of the Notre-Dame de la Treille cathedral, in Lille
Passionate about history, religion and art architecture?
During your visit in the heart of Old Lille, don't miss a detour to Notre-Dame de la Treille, on the Gilleson square, located less than 10 km from the Morphée hotel ***.
A surprising cathedral...Here are 5 facts that make this place of worship, a particularly surprising building:
- Different from its peers, this cathedral was only built in the 19th century.
- It was built for a single purpose: to shelter and protect the statue of Notre Dame de la Treille.
- Recent, its facade is the image of its youth: it delicately articulates contemporary art and neo-gothic art. This gives it a very special character.
- Tinged with originality, its western facade is covered with gray marble, giving it a sober and modern look.
- But don't be fooled by appearances! Its interior is particularly colorful!
- Some of the faithful even nicknamed it "the little jewel".
- It is true that these stained glass windows sparkle with 1001 colors according to the lights, letting appear a luminous veil inside the cathedral, bringing a lot of heat and charm to the place.
For more information, click here ! (Website only in French).
So ready to discover the jewels of Lille?